Industry backs OFTs move to refer motor Insurance Age
The Office of Fair Trading’s (OFT) decision to refer the UK motor market to the Competition Commission was greeted with support from across the market when it was announced in early June.
Describing the motor market as it stands as “dysfunctional”, John Fingleton, chief executive of the OFT, said: “We believe the focus that insurers have on gaining the competitive edge through raising their rivals’ costs means that drivers pay more than they need to for their motor insurance policies.”
Singled out as particular problems were costs associated with credit hire organisations and repairers, which, according to the OFT, were often increased as a result of a rebate or referral fee agreements between the relevant companies.
The government department clearly believes that referring the motor market to the Competition Commission will shed light on many of the practices within it that drive up prices.
June Lynch, managing director at Kwik-Fit Financial Services, said the move should be welcomed by brokers and insurers alike, as it will separate those that have made an effort to temper rocketing premiums from those making serious money by such means.
Questions You Need Answers To In Order To Find Reliable Auto Transport
If you are in need of reliable auto transport, there are some vital questions that you need to get answers for. Finding the answers will help you decide which company would be the one that is reliable and trustworthy to move your automobile.
The following are the most essential questions that need answers in order to make a smart choice.
1. How much will it cost you? This can easily be determined by taking time to gather free quotes from different companies. This will help you find out what it will cost you and will also help you save money on transport.
The way you can save money is to compare as many quotes as you are able to and find the one that offers the best price for the best services.
2. How long have they been in business? This is important because you want to make sure that the transport company you choose has the experience needed to move your vehicle safely.
It can be a big mistake to assume that they have the experience that is needed. Instead, take time to learn this for sure.
3. What services to they provide that will let you know where your vehicle is during transport? Many companies will offer some way for you to know where your vehicle is during transport. Not all of them do, but many of them will.
4. What insurance is offered? This is important because you need to make sure that your automobile is protected when it is being moved. Always ask about this up front before deciding to hire any company.
5. Do they have a good reputation or a lot of unhappy past customers? You can find the answer to this question with a little research online. Use any major search engine to find information on the transport service.
Then find reviews and visit forums to find out what other people are saying about a particular company.
You also want to visit the BBB or Better Business Bureau to make sure that they have a good reputation. Find out if they have a lot of unresolved customer's complaints.